Coffee House Express offers a variety of brands and flavors of some of the best green tea on the market. You also find Lipton Tea, Tazo Tea and Organic Chai Tea, all provided in our large selection of products.
Green tea is made from the same plant (Camellia sinensis) as other teas such as oolong and black teas. However, it is produced using a different method. Green tea is "green" because is has not yet fermented. The health benefits of green tea are greater than that of black tea and other teas because the fermentation process used to make other teas cause the destruction of many of the nutrients. Potent antioxidants known as polyphenols are found in all teas, however green tea contains the most powerful forms.
Green tea originates from China and has become associated with many Asian cultures including Japan, South Korea and into the Middle East. The use and enjoyment of green tea has recently become more widespread in the United States and regions where black tea is traditionally consumed. Countries that grow and harvest green tea have also created many different varieties in recent years. These varieties can differ substantially due to variable growing conditions, production processing, and harvesting time.
Research including scientific and medical studies has increased over the last few decades in hopes to determine the extent of green teas long-purported health benefits. Some evidence suggests that regular green tea drinkers have lower chances of heart disease and developing certain types of cancer.
10 Amazing Health Benefits of Green Tea
Green Tea as well as the acai berry, cranberries, blueberries and others possess many health benefits and are considered to be a superfood. A superfood commonly refers to a class of foods known for their very high antioxidant content. Many reports and extensive research show that there are remarkable properties contained in green tea, which can help to cure or prevent some serious health conditions.
- Green tea can halt the growth and spread of some cancer causing cells. Research has also suggested that Japan has a comparatively low rate of cancer compared to other countries and this may be due to drinking tea.
- Green tea can also assist in weight loss as there are no calories in tea. When paired with exercise and a healthy diet, drinking tea can be an effective way to lose weight.
- Green tea can also help to prevent diabetes, as it halts sugars being broken down and being absorbed into the blood stream. For diabetes patients, it can also reduce the risk of cataracts.
- Green tea is an effective blood thinner. Often times as effective as aspirin. It can be an alternative to taking medication on a daily basis in order to thin the blood.
- Antioxidants found in green tea may also prevent arthritis. These powerful antioxidants block the enzymes which attack and destroy the bones. For those people who already have arthritis, drinking green tea can help to lessen the effects, and make the condition less painful.
- Green tea is believed to have several anti-aging properties. Drinking green tea has also partly attributed to the Japanese having one of the longest life expectancies in the world. There are also many new anti-aging beauty products that include green tea extracts.
- Bad bacteria growing in the body may also be slowed by consuming green tea. This assists in speeding up the growth of good bacteria in the body, and can even help to prevent viral strains of E.coli.
- Green tea can help to widen the arteries and reduce the risk of heart disease and lower cholesterol.
- Green tea contains fluoride which is important for the overall health of teeth. Consuming 4 cups of green tea per day can help slow down tooth decay.
- Green tea typically contains half the caffeine of coffee.